Salvador Cisneros Katherine Anabelle
Información de Hoja de Vida
- 2021 International Deans’ Course Latin America 2020/21. Saarland University (Germany) and the University of Alicante (Spain).
- 2018 Ph.D. in Education, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland.
- 2016 Postgraduate Certificate in Innovation & Entrepreneurship of the Innovation Academy, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland.
- 2009 Masters in Teaching English as a Foreign Language, Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral (ESPOL), Ecuador. Graduation modality: Thesis work and dissertation
- 2008 Diploma of Virtual Tutor in Higher Education, CTI, ESPOL
- 2002 Engineer in Aquaculture, Escuela Superior Politecnica del Litoral, Ecuador. Graduation modality: Thesis work and dissertation
- Researcher, FCSH-Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral, September 2018 (current job).
- Coordinator of Educational Research Center of the Center of Educational Research and Services, CISE-Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral, August 2020 (current job)
- MATEFL Program candidate´s thesis director, 2020 (current job)
- International editor for Revista Tecnológica Espol, RTE- Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral, June 2020 (associate editor)
- Director of the Center of Educational Research and Services, CISE-Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral, May 2019 to July 2020
- English Conversation Club Coordinator, CELEX-Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral, October 2018-May2019
- Teacher of English as a Foreign Language, Dublin City University Language Services. Dublin, Ireland. April to August, 2018
- Exam standard invigilator, Trinity College Dublin. Dublin, Ireland. May 2016 to August 2018
- Spanish language assistant, School of Hispanic Studies, Trinity College Dublin. Dublin, Ireland. September 2016 to April 2018
- English instructor, Forus Training. Mullingar, Ireland. September 2016 to June 2017
- Teachers trainer, Centro de Investigación y Servicios Educativos (CISE), Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral, May 2010-2013
- Academic advisor and teachers trainer, The English Book Center, June 2007-2011
- Adjunct Associate Professor Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral, January 2007-current job
- Research design
- Teaching EFL
- Curriculum design
- Programme evaluation
- Design and assessment of educational innovative tools
- Teachers´ trainer
- Development of teaching resources with the use of Information Technology Tools
- Sufficient skills on Word, Excel, Power Point, Movie Maker, Paint, Internet and search engines, Survey Monkey, Google forms, Endnote, Zotero
- Educational research
- English Proficiency certificate
- 2021 Awarded a nomination for Latin American Professor Distinction 2021 in the category of Educational Research by PENSER Corporation, Colombia, June 2021
- 2020 Awarded a scholarship for DIES-IDC-LA Programme cohort 2020-2021, DAAD, Germany, October 2020-April2021
- 2020 Awarded a selected research project for the I Coloquio AsEFIE, Ecuador, December 2020
- 2019 Institutional Grant to participate in COIL-UVE Initiative, USA Embassy, July 2019
- 2017 Dean’s Volunteer Award, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- 2015/16 Granted the TCD Visual & Performing Arts Fund towards the event Meet Ecuador: its Folk Music and Dance
- 2013 Awarded a Scholarship to pursue my doctoral studies by the SENESCYT, Government of Ecuador
- 2012 VRA Award for Teaching Excellence, Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral
- 2012 LACLO (Latin American Community of Learning Objects) Award
- 2011 2012 Award for Teaching Excellence, Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral
- 2008 First Place on Learning Objects Contest (Fourth edition), Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral
- Member and Region coordinator of the Ecuadorian Association for the promotion of Ecuadorian Educational Research (AsEFIE), August 2019 (current associate position)
- Member of APESPOL (Association of Professors of ESPOL-acronyms in Spanish)
- Member, Educational Studies Association of Ireland (ESAI)
- Member, Common Ground Publisher (editor for The International Journal of Humanities Education, Volume 12, Issue 3-4, Common Ground Publisher-2014)
- Member of Irish Association of Teachers in Special Education (IATSE)
- International student hostess, DCU Language Services, Ireland, April to August, 2018
- Coder on the OECD’s Programme for International Assessment (PISA), Educational Research Centre (ERC). Dublin, Ireland. May 2017
- Academic Advisor, Centro de Educación Continua (CEC), Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral, May 2012-2013
- Co-organizer and presenter for Educamp2021 International Virtual Congress, July 2021
- Trainer on educational research for AsEFIE-ITSLC, April 2021
- Speaker for the Challenges, Opportunities and Reflections in ELT Virtual Conference, May 2021
- English 3, Lecturer, CELEX, Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral, September 2018 - now
- Ph.D student, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland, September 2013-June 2018
- Volunteer for Centro de Adoracion La Hermosa and other organizations that aim to help vulnerable groups. Ecuador. Since December 2020.
- Volunteer for Global Purpose and other organizations that aim to help vulnerable groups. Ecuador. Since March 2020.
- Volunteer for Fundación Confraternidad Cristiana Shalom. September 2018 - now. Cooperating with community development projects in vulnerable areas in Ecuador.
- Volunteer in the Graduate Students Union Events committee 2017 -2018. Cooperating with the GSU Events officer
- Big Brother Big Sister (Foroeige) in Mullingar-Ireland. Sep 2015 to April 2017. Mentoring a teenager from a disadvantaged group.
- Helper for Riding for the Disabled Association (RDA) in Mullingar Centre, Ireland. Sep 2014 to Dec 2016. Assisting horse riding therapy with children from the Midlands
- Volunteer for Impacto Mundial. Sep 2010 -2012. Cooperating and mentoring various community projects especially with vulnerable children and teenagers.
Katherine holds a Ph. D degree in Education from Trinity College Dublin in the Republic of Ireland, after the successful completion of her doctoral study: How can Spanish speakers from South America prepare for success in Universities of the Anglophone Europe: the case of Trinity College Dublin under the supervision of Dr. David Limond.
Her research interests are: Higher education; international students in HEIs, gender in education; second language acquisition; success in HEIs; reflective professional practice; critical thinking; special education needs; voices in education; applied comics; communicating research in the humanities; innovation in education.
- Salvador Cisneros, K., Serrano Ochoa, M., Bolaños Mendoza, C., & Cedeño Padilla, R. (2020). Estrategia de capacitación de formadores en temas de virtualidad en tiempos de distanciamiento social: caso Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral. In CACES, Memorias del encuentro Academia Online (1st ed., pp. 44-50). CACES.
- Salvador, K. (2018). How can Spanish speakers from South America prepare for success in Universities of the Anglophone Europe: the case of Trinity College Dublin, Trinity College Dublin. School of Education. EDUCATION, 2018.
- K. Salvador Cisneros (2015) Influence of L2 Extensive Reading Intervention on Undergraduate Students: An Action Research, EDULEARN15 Proceedings, pp. 6469-6478.
- Salvador, K. (2012) Applying principles of adult learning in a higher education setting: reflections on my experience with the andragogy theory and practice, INTED2012 Proceedings, pp. 3666-3673.
- Flores, J., Salvador, K. (2009) Promoting New Information Technology in Teaching: Methodology for Evaluating Learning Tools Implemented in Higher Education Settings, INTED2009 Proceedings, pp. 192-200.
* Analíticas en Aula Virtual, Cise-Espol-Ecuador, August 6, 2021 (2 hours)
* Pandemia y ética de la investigación bajo el marco de la VI Jornada de Investigación Científica de la UAPA, Turnitin-Mexico, July 30, 2021 (1 hour)
* EDUCAMP2021: habilidades para el futuro de la educación, UTEC-Peru, July 12-14, 2021 (24 hours)
* Challenges, Opportunities and Reflections in ELT Conference 2021, UNAE-RED de Pedagogía-Ecuador, May 6-8, 2021 (40 hours)
* Del dicho al hecho: cómo diseñar, implementar y evaluar programas de inglés de alto impacto, Cambridge-UK, April 27, 2021 (1 hour)
* Converting Faceto-Face Training into Digital Learning, LinkedIn Learning-USA, April 27, 2021 (1 hour)
* Learning to teach online, LinkedIn Learning-USA, April 20, 2021 (1hour)
* La importancia de la integridad académica en la educación, Turnitin-Mexico, April 14, 2021 (1 hour)
* TESOL 2021 International Convention and English Language EXPOL-USA, March 24-27, 2021 (40 hours)
* Active learning: el rol activo de nuestros estudiantes en el aula, Brittanica-Mexico, February 16, 2021 (1 hour)
* Primer Coloquio de investigación educativa ASEFIE 2020 "La Investigación y su praxis", ASEFIE-Ecuador, December 14-18, 2020 (24 hours)
* International Deans´Course Latin America 2020/21, DIES IDC LA - DAAD- Germany, November 23, 2020- April 23, 2021 (140 hours)
* Research collaborations, Elsevier Research Academy - The Netherlands, October 31 - November 1, 2020 (3 hours)
* Learn with CEN, CEN-US Embassy - USA, October 23, 2020 (5 hours)
* Fundamentals of Manuscript preparation, Elsevier Research Academy - The Netherlands, October 8, 2020 (4 hours)
* III Simposio Internacional de Educación "URDIMBRES Y TRAMAS EN HISTORIAS DE VIDA", Universidad Estatal - Ecuador, September 21-25, 2020 (20 hours)
* III Conferencia Internacional La Investigación Educativa en un Mundo en constante transformación, ASEFIE-Ecuador, November 25-29, 2019 (60 hours)
* Programa Básico de Formación Docente, CISE-Espol-Ecuador, June 1 - December 15, 2019 (194 hours)
* Flipped classroom and Research Based Learning, VLIR Network-Espol-Ecuador, May 13-16, 2019 (21 hours)
* Design Thinking, i3LAB-Espol-Ecuador, April 10-18, 2019 (40 hours)
* Teaching Large Classes, Cambridge English University Press and Language Assessment, January 11, 2019 (3 hours)
* Diseño rúbricas para el seguimiento y evaluación de aprendizajes, CISE, Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral, November 10, 2018 (4 hours)
* Descubre cómo aprovechar el Power Point como herramienta, CISE, Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral, October 6, 2018 (4 hours).
* Construyendo Igualdad en la Educación Superior, SENESCYT, June 13 to July 17, 2016 (40 online hours).
* Innovation Academy Leadership Module, Queens University Belfast and The Innovation Academy, Belfast, UK, January 25-29, 2016 (40 hours)