The 2020 Latin American Workshop in Econometrics
ESPOL University is delighted to host the 2020 Latin AmericanWorkshop in Econometrics. The topic of the workshop will be "The Econometrics of Network, Spatial, and Panel Data." The meetings will be held at the ESPOL campus in Guayaquil, Ecuador.
The program committee invites submissions of papers (either complete or extended abstract that would benefit from discussion with attendees). Each person may submit only one paper and only present one paper. However, each person is allowed to be the co-author of several papers submitted to the workshop. At least one co-author must be a member of the Society or must join prior to submission. You may join the Econometric Society
Prospective contributors are invited to submit their papers by Friday, March 6, 2020, to email@example.com
The following information should also be provided at the time of submission: the manuscript in pdf format, the authors' names, affiliations, Econometric Society email address (for membership verification), web sites (if any) of the submitters, and paper title.
Only full papers are accepted and must be written in English.
Guayaquil is the largest city in Ecuador. Located on the Pacific coast, Guayaquil is the chief port and the economic engine of the country with a population of approximately 2.6 million inhabitants, according to the last census made in 2010.
ESPOL is the first public university in Ecuador. With a population of more than 9600 students, it offers 33 undergraduate programs, 17 graduate programs, and 1 doctorate program. It also administers 11 research centers. ESPOL is always seeking the highest quality education. Hence, the aim is to obtain international certification of all its academic programs in a 5-year term.
We look forward to welcoming you to ESPOL and all of the wonderful things that Guayaquil has to offer. See you in May!
Call for papers:
January 7 - March 6
March 7 - April 6
ESPOL is located in the northwest region of the city near the main highway in Guayaquil allowing easy access to different parts of the city.
Find out more about ESPOL
Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral
Address: Campus Gustavo Galindo Km. 30.5 Via Perímetral
Phone: (593-4) 2 269269
Post Code: EC090112
Find out more about FCSH
College of Social Sciences and Humanities
Phone: (593-4) 2 269062
Program Committee Chair:
Leonardo Sánchez-Aragón, Ph.D., ESPOL University
Scientific Committee Chair:
David Jacho-Chávez, Ph.D., Emory University
- Victor Aguiar, Ph.D., University of Western Ontario
- Leopoldo Avellán, Ph.D., InterAmerican Development Bank
- Paúl Carrillo, Ph.D., The George Washington University
- José G. Castillo, Ph.D., ESPOL University
- Manuel González, Ph.D., Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- Pablo Guerron, Ph.D., Boston College
- Danilo Leiva, Ph.D., Banco de España
- José L. Lima, Ph.D., Universidad de Chile
- Nadine McCloud, Ph.D., The University of the West Indies at Mona
- Fabricio Pérez, Ph.D., Wilfrid Laurier University
- Wilson Pérez, Ph.D., FLACSO
- Andrés Ramirez, Ph.D., Universidad EAFIT
- Nelson Ramírez, Ph.D., Universidad del Pacífico
- Gabriel Rodríguez, Ph.D., Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú
- Christian Rojas, Ph.D., University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Pedro Romero, Ph.D., Universidad San Francisco de Quito
- Gonzalo Sánchez, Ph.D., ESPOL University
- Carlos Uribe, Ph.D., Universidad San Francisco de Quito
Located in the Pacific coast of Ecuador, Guayaquil is the most populated city in the country with a population of 2.6 million inhabits. It is a financial hearth to Ecuador, a place where 80% of imports and exports are distributed through the port of the city.
The city is part of the Travel + Leisure magazine's list of the 50 best places to travel in 2017, with its Ferris Wheel, hillside village of Las Peñas, Malecón 2000 and Parque Histórico Guayaquil. Read more
Guayaquil is the perfect destination to host LACEA LAMES 2018, with its infrastructure and its main tourist spot located downtown. During the event you can take the quick-tours.
If you want to know more about our city visit its page click here.
Requirements for traveling to Ecuador
- Passport: Tourists who wish to travel to Ecuador must carry their passport at all times. This is highly recommendable even for tourists who come from countries where passports are not mandatory. Children are included in this group if you travel within Ecuador, please carry two photocopies of your passport.
- Passport validity: Your passport should be valid for a minimum period of 6 months from the date of entry; this is a strict legal requirement from the Ecuadorean government. Without this minimum validity, entry to the country will be denied.
- Return ticket: Even if you come from Latin-American countries (except Mexico, Costa Rica and Honduras), European Union (EU) or the United States where you do not need a visa, it is very likely that you will be asked for the return ticket at the entrance. The purpose is to verify that you are leaving before the 90 days allowed for tourists.
- Countries that require Visa: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cuba, North Korea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenia, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia, and Senegal. People from these countries must request a visa independently of the time they will remain in the country. Tourists from other nationalities do not require a visa if their stay is less than 3 months (90 days). For further information click here.
Documents to travel to Galapagos Islands
- Transit control card (TCC): If you want to visit these unique islands, you must have the Transit Control Card, which can be requested in the airports of Quito, Guayaquil, Isabela, San Cristóbal and Baltra. To obtain it, you must first register online on the website https://siiws.gobiernogalapagos.gob.ec/siicgg_web/ingresoTCT.jsp. Then, visitors must go to a booth at the airport with their plane tickets to get the card, which costs $20 (cash only). The card is turned in at the end of the trip.
- Agro Quality inspection: At the airport, visitors must also go through a strict luggage control in the Agro quality loft to avoid the entrance of dangerous species. Some of the forbidden products and animals are domestic and wild animals, seed, vegetables, soil attached to plants among others.
If you want to know more about this requirement click here.
Weather in Guayaquil
The city of Guayaquil is located 4 meters above sea level with tropical weather where the highest rainfall (winter) season is between January and May. The rest of the year is considered as the summer season where the temperature may vary between 23 degrees Celsius (74.3 °F) and 32 degrees Celsius (89.6 °F), with nice windy nights. We highly recommend bringing cotton clothing and a light sweater for air-conditioned places and during the nights.
US dollar. It is possible to exchange euros and other currencies at authorized exchange offices located at the international airports, hotels, and banks. ATM network is available and most of the international credit cards are accepted: Visa, Master Card, American Express, Diners Club. For more information click here.
VAT (Value Added Tax) refund in Ecuador
VAT refund is only made through a credit card, which must belong to the person requesting the tax refund. It applies for goods made in Ecuador and housing services in amounts higher than USD 50, 00 per invoice. Among the products subject to VAT refund are coffee, textiles, clothes, hats, chocolates, candies, shoes, leather articles, jewelry, wooden articles and articles made of marble, plaster, cork, glass, liquors, soft drinks and musical instruments. On your departure, from Quito and Guayaquil international airports, you should submit all the applicable invoices and a copy of your passport. To access this benefit, it is important to provide the information requested by the authorized establishments, identifies with the TAX-FREE logo and registers properly the information in the application.